April 15, 2008

Skin Care Product Review: Boots No. 7

Last month, I wrote about my search for an anti-aging product to keep those evil fine lines at bay. I had heard a lot of hype about the Boots No. 7 product line and I decided to give Boots No. 7 a try. I have used the following products for 4 weeks.

Restore & Renew Beauty Serum (retail $21.99) - This product is a light, non-greasy serum that quickly absorbs into your skin. There were definitely noticeable differences in my skin. My skin feels silkier and my fine lines appear softer. I am definitely happy with the results. It's not a miracle serum by any means and my wrinkles have not disappeared but it did make a difference. That is all I can hope for. From this point forward it is all about preventing those wrinkles!

Time Resisting Night Cream (retail $19.99) - I really liked the texture of the night cream, it is nice and lightweight - more like a lotion than a cream - yet provides enough moisture for me. I have combination skin that is a little more on the oily side, so this product is just enough to not make my face feel oily, rather it makes my face feel softer. I really like this product, it feel luxurious to put on. I put this on after cleansing my face and using the Restore & Renew Beauty serum. Prior to this product, I had been using the Arbonne night cream (retail $79) and I definitely prefer Boots No. 7 for the texture of the night cream and for the cost.

Time Resisting Day Cream (retail $19.99) - This day cream contains SPF 12 which is very important in preventing wrinkles. It is thicker than the night cream and I think it does a decent job. I do not like it as much as the other two products but I do not dislike it. I guess I am ambivalent. It does the job it needs to do but I don't find it to be anything special.

There is no "quick fix" or fountain of youth, however, after a month of using these 3 Boots No. 7 products there are noticeable differences in my skin. My skin appears smoother, the tone has evened out, and my fine lines are softer. I find that I am using less make-up because my skins looks better. I have switched from using foundation to a tinted moisturizer. So all in all, I am happy with the Boots No. 7 products, it works well for my skin and it is less expensive compared to other products that I have tried. A little seems to go a long way and I still have plenty to last me a few more months.

The verdict? The best thing about Boots No. 7 is the price tag. Boots No. 7 works as well as other more expensive, high-end products that make similar claims for a fraction of the cost. I will stick with Boots No. 7 and I highly recommend it based on it is a great price and the results.

3 comments:

  1. OOoooooo - thanks SherBear! I've been wanting to try out a night cream and this is a great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sher,

    Thanks for the suggestions. I love finding out whether anti-aging creams really work!

    I've been using Lactic Acid lotion for years (e.g. Am-Lactin for $10)-which was highly recommended by my Dermatologist. I really think it works with smoothing out the skin, as well as keeping fine lines away. Just a thought- for if/when you're ready to try something new again....

    ~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we catch hold of age, our skin slowly loses its moisture and elasticity, making our complexion look dull and blister. Every age brings along it's own problems and some effective skin treatments as mentioned below can fight with these problems at different stages of your life. Acne Anti Aging Skin Care http://www.acne-anti-aging-skin-care.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete