August 8, 2008

08.08.08 = prosperity



The number 8 in the Chinese culture is of prosperity and money. In Mandarin, it sounds very similar to the word "prosper" or "wealth." Today happens to the the 8th day of the 8th month in the 8th year of the century. The symbolism of this number is one of the reasons why the opening ceremonies for the Olympics in Beijing begins today. It is a lucky day!

While, I don't totally believe in these things, I am part Chinese (my daddy is half Chinese). In fact, today I found a dollar bill in the parking lot. No one around to claim it. I think that was pretty lucky. If you might remember, a few months back I found a $10 bill when I saw a rainbow in the sky. I thought that was a pretty special thing. It was indeed a lucky day for me. I hope it was lucky for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment