February 1, 2008

Welcome to February!!

Today is the first day of a new month. My favorite month of the year!! It is such a special month; it is the shortest month of the year and every 4 years this month happens to have an extra day tacked onto it. But above all, this month features MY BIRTHDAY! My birthday falls on the last day of the month except for this year since it is a leap year. (My birthday is on February 28th if you are still trying to figure out what the last day of the month usually is.)

One year, my mommy forgot to call me on the actual day of my birthday and called me on the 29th instead (since it was a leap year). I told her she was a day late and she said, it’s the last day of the month, and I reminded her it was a leap year so she said that I got any extra day for my birthday since it was a leap year. I love her reasoning, so I have stuck by that philosophy! This is an extra special year since I have a 48-hour birthday instead of a mere 24 hours!

So what am I doing to celebrate, nothing. This year, the budget is tight so there are no big plans for my big 3-3. I know that as you get older that many people dread their birthdays, but not me. And it doesn't matter that there is nothing planned, I just love knowing that the day is my special day and that some 30 odd years ago I was born on that day. That’s my silly stuff and fluff! 27 days till my BIRTHDAY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment