February 24, 2008

The Eating Machine

When I was a little girl, my daddy nicknamed me the Eating Machine. I was not a fat or chubby little girl, but I loved to eat. I still do. This is why I have to workout so much, otherwise I would balloon up and be huge! Well, this was a big eating weekend for the Eating Machine :)

Saturday Night Dinner

A friend was in town from Madison, WI and so we all went to dinner at one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants, Tropical Mexico Restaurant in Pomona, CA. This restaurant is located in the most obscure hidden place among residential and commercial buildings. But they have some wonderful Mexican food and people know it because they were packed on Staurday night! I had my regular dish there, the chicken fajitas and of course margaritas! Yummy!! Mr. Bear ordered #28: Tropical Mexico Combination, a favorite among many since it includes Chile Relleno, Taco, Tamal, and Enchilada. It is great combo with some really yummy Mexican dishes. They always have great food for great prices. You can never go wrong with any of your choices. Tropical Mexico is a great place to go with a huge group of people, you will be surprised at how inexpensive the cost even with pitchers of margaritas all around. It is also a family friendly place with kids all around. An awesome value for really good food.

Sunday Morning Brunch

We went to the beautiful Mission Inn in Riverside, CA for Sunday Brunch to celebrate the 80th birthday of a wonderful and special lady. The Mission Inn has the most wonderful brunch buffet with every possibility that you can imagine. The food is excellent and they have a really awesome spread going on. With so many options, I had to have a little bit of everything: eggs, bacon, Belgian waffle with berries, roast, salmon, flank steak, shrimp cocktail, scalloped potatos, and an assortment of desserts (yes, I did break down and had some sweets!). I am so full!! I ate so much, but everything was so good and you just have to have a little bit of everything.

On top of the great food, the Mission Inn is an absolutely beautiful place. The architecture of the buildings and historic nature makes it such a great place to visit and explore. Mr. Bear and I have done so on more than one occasion. One of the best times to go is when it is decorate for the holidays. It is fun with all the holiday decor up. Click here for some more photos of the Mission Inn.

This was a busy weekend filled with eating. The Eating Machine strikes again! Time to get to the gym!!

=^..^=

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really good! I will have to try that sometime, those margartias look yummy.

    ReplyDelete