February 3, 2010

Tennis elbow - Confirmed

Last year, I found myself injured and self-diagnosed myself with tennis elbow. Well, I finally went to the doctor and she confirmed it. The treatment, other than anti-inflammatory medications, is to change the way I use my right arm. Easier said than done, especially with a baby in tow. What I find myself often doing is carrying around Baby Bear with my left arm and using my free arm to lift and do everything else. That is most likely what led to the inflammation in my elbow. With Baby Bear so clingy lately, it will definitely be hard to change things up right now. But I really don't have much of a choice if I want it to get better.

Sadly, for now I have to lay off lifting weights, which I actually prefer to do over cardio. My buff biceps will have to wait. Hopefully, I can heal before the weather warms up so that I can tone my arms before the tank top season comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment