February 17, 2010

The Desert Dash 5K

This weekend we went to the river. A few friends and I ran the Desert Dash 5K while we were out there. It is a 5k that ends at the Desert Bar. What 5K ends up at a bar? Well, Papa Bear and Baby Bear were at the finish line to support me. This is a 5K that Papa Bear enjoys to cheer me on ! Especially, since he gets to wait for me at a bar, LOL.

It was the first 5K I have ran since having Baby Bear. I have been getting back into running, so I was excited to run this 5K. It was a pretty tough course; the terrain was rough (being that we were running a dirt road in the desert) and the majority of the course was uphill. I did pretty well for the first 2 miles, but that last uphill mile was killer and I ended up walking the majority of the last mile. I don't know what my time was because I forgot to check. But I was just proud of myself for finishing and making an attempt to run as much as I did (especially with it being a lot of uphill running). It felt good to get a 5K under my belt. I still have a ways to go to get myself back into shape. Although I do not know what my time was, my time was pretty slow. Plus, the fact that I started to poop out during the last mile tells me that I need to work on my stamina more.

1 comment: