April 3, 2010

Run for the Red 10K

I signed up to run the Red Cross Run for the Red 10K. I've been running 3 days a week and working my way up to running a 10K. I decided that a 10K would be more challenging and motivating for me versus the 5K. I haven't ran a 10K since the relay triathlon that I did just a few days after I found out I was pregnant.

I don't have a particular goal except to finish the 10K. I would like to maintain an 11-12 minute mile and try to finish in about 1:15 or so. That is not a speedy goal, but I have never been a very fast runner and that has seemed to me my average speed right now, so if I can keep that up through the 6 or so miles I would be pleased.

I have been running with two different friends during the week. That has really helped to keep me accountable to getting out and running at least 2 days a week. Having someone to run with also helps pass the time. I try to get a another run in one more day a week on my own to get 3 days in a week. So far, so good. I have a little less than 2 months until the 10K so I have plenty of time to train. I am excited that I am getting back in the groove and help me to lose the last 5 lbs that seems to be holding on. Although it may hold on until I finally wean Baby Bear for breastfeeding, but a girl can hope.

1 comment: