December 22, 2008

Happy Hanukkah

Last night was the first night of Hanukkah. I remember the first time I celebrated Hanukkah. My freshman year of college, my college roommate was Jewish and Hanukkah started before finals began. We had a menorah and lit a candle for each night. It was such a nice way for my college roommate to share her traditions with me.

Mr. Bear's cousins are half Jewish and the first holiday that I spent with them, Christmas day coincided with part of the Hanukkah celebration. It was nice to celebrate both holidays together.

To my friends who celebrate this special holiday: Happy Hanukkah!!

1 comment:

  1. *smile* And how cool to think we are pregnant at the same time!! We are finding out a week from today what we are having. I am SO excited and can't wait. Hope you had a good Christmas and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete