September 25, 2008

Mental Health Day

Yesterday, I took a mental health day. I have been so busy at work and training for the relay tri that I needed a day just to catch up with life. It would have been nice to rest and do absolutely nothing, but the reality was that I had a ton of errands to do and many things to take care of. I worked one weekend this month and I just never seemed to catch up from that day. Plus, sometimes the weekends are just not enough. I feel that I have been neglecting my blog. I hope that now that I am a little more caught up that I can get back into the groove.

Regardless of having to run errands, it was definitely a good day. I didn't have to really be accountable to anyone yesterday. It was nice not to be bogged down by work and to take care of things on my own schedule. I slept in and got to spend some time with the Chase Monster. Yes, it would have been nice to have the entire day to relax but knowing that I accomplished the many things that I had not been able to take care of in weeks was a nice feeling.

It is just after working all day, trying to fit in training and working out, and doing a few household chores, there is no time for anything else in the day and at the end of the day I am just too exhausted to do anything else. I think what I really need is a mental health week. Now that sounds like a great idea!

Back to reality and back to work I go.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, that is always nice to have, every now and then.

    ReplyDelete