March 3, 2008

My Birthday Review

Oh bother, it is now March, so my birthday is definitely over. Not to be sad, because I had the best birthday. It was a very low key year, but that was exactly what I wanted. It seems that celebrating your birthday is filled with lots of food and lot of eating. The eating machine strikes again!

Friday evening, Mr. Bear surprised me and took me out to Newport Beach for dinner. We went to one of our favorite places, The Crab Cooker. It is not a fancy place by any means but the seafood is good and it is nice to get out of the local area from time to time. Plus, Mr. Bear and I had a deal that we would not spend a lot of money for each other's birthday. (Mr. Bear has a birthday coming up the end of the month.) If you have never been to The Crab Cooker it is a great casual place to check out if you are in the mood for some basic yummy seafood. Definitely far from fancy with their plastic spoon and forks and paper plates. They have been around for a long time and keep to the basics, their food is good so why mess with it.

Saturday was spent celebrating the 5th birthday of one of my favorite little girls. She is even more special because we share our birthday!! Only a very special person can be born on February 28th!! :) Good times with good friends and good food. And my mommy will be happy to know that I had pancit for my birthday! Pancit is a Filipino dish with noodles and it is a Filipino tradition to eat noodles for your birthday because the noodles symbolize long life. I had some yummy pancit and so I should have a long life!

Sunday night, my in-laws celebrated my birthday by taking me out to dinner at the Sycamore Inn in Rancho Cucamonga. This is one of the best fine dining restaurants in our area. It is a historic restaurant on Route 66 with excellent food. I, of course, had to have the fillet mignon and some good wine. The Sycamore Inn has one of the finest selections of wine in our valley. They had a bottle of wine for $2,800!! Needless to say we didn't have a glass of that wine, but we did have good wine.

What a great birthday weekend, it lasted for 4 days. Good food from the casual to the fine dining experience and great company all around. I am so fortunate to have such great people in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more!

=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment