June 14, 2008

CVS Deals: week of 6/9/08

Here are my CVS deals for the week.

Check out more CVS Superstars at The "Cents"ible Sawyer.



CVS Transaction #1

3 Honey Nut Cheerios (we are stocked up with cereal for a while now)
2 Nature Valley Granola Bars (I eat these every day as a snack so this is an awesome deal for me to stock up on!)
2 Fiber One Bars

Total Retail value: $21.00 (the ad said 3 for $10, but the sign in my CVS had a mis-print and said 3 for $9 so they had to give me that price, everything for a little cheaper! Wohoo!)
Tax: $0
Manufacturer Coupons: $4.50
CVS Coupon: $4.00
ECB used: $10.00

Total OOP (out of pocket): $2.10
ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned: $10.00 (overage of $8.90!!)



CVS Transaction #2

1 Dove lotion
1 Gas-X

Total Retail value: $14.68 (fortunately they still let me use the $3 off $15 coupon even though my total was slightly under)
Tax: $0.44
Manufacturer Coupons: $4.00
CVS Coupon: $3.00
ECB used: $5.00

Total OOP (out of pocket): $3.12
ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned: $3.00



CVS Transaction #3

1 Dove lotion
1 twin pack of Dove deoderant

Total Retail value: $15.48
Tax: $0.19
Manufacturer Coupons: $2.50
CVS Coupon: $3.00
ECB used: $10.00

Total OOP (out of pocket): $0.17
ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned: $6.00

Grand Total:

Total Retail Value: $51.16
Total ECBs Spent: $25.00

Total OOP: $5.39
Total ECBs* Earned: $9.00

What a great week, I only spent $5.39 oop and once again I am ahead with ECBs. However, I used my ECBs to buy Father's Day cards, so I will have to start over with earning my ECB. And sadly the $3 off $15 coupons expire. I will be gone for two weeks so when I get back I will see what other CVS deals I can find.

* Extra Care Bucks (ECB) are coupons that print at the end of a receipt. They are like gift certificates that you can use toward your next purchase. CVS will have certain advertised items that earn you ECBs.

For more information on ECBs and how to shop CVS check out the following blog resources:
CVS 101 by Money Saving Mom
CVS: How to Save by The New Frugal Mom
How to work the CVS deals by The Be Thrify Like Us

No comments:

Post a Comment