October 7, 2012

{Fitness Corner} WLC - 3 weeks in

So I am 3 weeks into the Whole Life Challenge and it has been going really well. I am really proud of myself for sticking to it. I've lost 3 pounds so far, about a pound a week, and my clothes are fitting loosely. I actually have several pairs of pants that are too big for me. It is great, but a little sad since they are work pants that I bought not long ago, which means I need to buy some new pants. I love that but it is hard since I hate to spend money when I just bought new pants. Oh well, I guess there are worst problems to have.

The workout and mobility part of the challenge is not big deal. I workout regularly anyways and on my rest days I have been going for walks or practicing some yoga at home. I did forget one day to do my mobility and lost a point. I was really upset with myself about that. I have been earning bonus points so I am still good overall.

The nutrition part has actually gone a lot better than I thought it would. Going on a paleo-like diet hasn't been so bad. No grains, no dairy, and no sugar is not as bad as I thought it would be. It took me a while to not feel hungry all the time, but now I am doing pretty well. I still have my cravings especially for some yummy, sweet baked goods but I am dealing with it. It has been hard going to kids birthday parties with the yummy treats and very little options. I have had many dry salads. It is amazing how even the salad dressings that you thought would be okay have sugar in it. Actually, there are so many things that have sugar. It is crazy.

I have been learning to make baked goods without flour or sugar in it. I made some banana muffins and they are pretty good.

IMG_3806

I don't miss the dairy too much, except for cheese, but it hasn't been so bad. I actually think that even after the WLC that I will try to stick to this paleo-like diet for the most part and try to keep up eating healthy. That isn't too say I will stick with it as strictly as I have, I do want the occasional pizza, glass of wine, or cupcake. But on a regular basis, cooking and eating this way has been great not just for me but for the family as well. It is definitely nice to stay away from all the processed junk.


Just 5 weeks to go with this challenge and ahead of me are two trips that will make this challenge a challenge. Traveling takes me away from my regular routine, and away from a kitchen so I hope that I can stay strong. The first trip is to New York and that one will definitely be tough. I am saving as much of my bonus points because I am sure that I will splurge. There is a lot of really good food in NYC. I will do my best to stay strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment