February 11, 2011

{Fitness Corner} Sometimes life happens

I have been doing well to keep my routine going. This week, I have been focusing on training for a 5K. I haven't been training hard or anything, but just shifting gears from strength training to running more. I've been able to keep it up with 4-5 days a week of working out, which has been great and leaves me feeling good.

Well, it looks like things might have to change. My workout time at the gym is before work. Well I am going to have to alter my workout schedule since I was just asked to join a weekly research team meeting on Wednesday mornings. So this meeting is probably going to cut into my workout time. My workout time is timed just so that I can drop Baby Bear off at daycare, workout for 20-30 minutes (depends on how cooperative Baby Bear was that morning in getting out the door on time), shower and get ready, and then walk to my office (it is nice having a nice gym on campus). Having a meeting in the mornings means either cutting my workout time or not working out that morning.

I will see how I might be able to manage it. It is not the end of the world. Wednesdays I also do yoga, so I get two workouts in that day. So it might not be so bad. But it is a bit disappointing since I am not a fan of morning meetings. Work is work and I have to do it and be a team player

No comments:

Post a Comment