April 11, 2010

Time for myself

I need to remember to take the time for myself. I get so consumed with being a mom, wife, and employee, that I often forget to take time to just be me. I have carved out time to workout and go for runs, so that has been a start. But nothing more than that. Until today; I had a pedicure. The first professional pedicure that I have had in 10 months!! My last one was the day I went into labor. A professional pedicure is just so much better than painting your own toes.

I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful husband. He took Baby Bear for the morning. I went of a jog/walk with a friend, took a nice long, hot shower (it is nice not to rush through a shower), and got a pedicure. I also had time to vacuum and start a load of laundry without a baby yelling at me for my attention (I couldn't help it I had to get some chores done).

I love my Baby Bear, but sometimes I just need some time to myself to relax and unwind. Sometimes I need a little time without Baby Bear to pick up around the house. Baby Bear can be very clingy and demanding of my time. I want to spend as much time as possible with her, but a little time away helps me to be a better mommy. A person can feel a little trapped by having someone so dependent on you. And I was beginning to feel that way. I was beginning to feel like I had to run away. I do get time away when I go to work during the week, but I am work working. I needed time to just be by myself and relax.

To top of the day, Mr. Bear and I had a date night. We went to dinner, just the two of us. I had the chance to eat dinner without rushing through dinner. I even ordered a mai tai with my dinner. I only drank half of it, when I realized that I was feeling a buzz. Wow, it has been forever since I've had a real drink since I am still breastfeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment