May 20, 2009

Prenatal Yoga

(also posted on Adventures with Baby Bear)

I while back I participated in a yoga video, see blog entry here. Well, I have loved yoga. Yoga practice was a big part of who I was and what I did before I got pregnant. I have been practicing yoga for over 5 years and I continued to practice yoga throughout my pregnancy. Yoga has been wonderful for me. I never took any formal prenatal yoga class, rather I continued to take my yoga class with my favorite yoga instructor, Monica Matthews. I modified my poses to accommodate my growing baby bump.

Yoga is amazing and helped me to feel amazing throughout my pregnancy. It helped with all the aches and pains that accompany pregnancy. It was especially wonderful for back pains and tight hips. The yoga poses helped to keep me strong and flexible; yoga helps you to build awareness of your body and to relax. It has just been absolutely great for me.

Monica asked to take come pictures on me in poses to put on her website. I was absolutely flattered. I was also honored to be in her yoga video which is an awesome yoga video, Yoga - Wherever You Are, for all levels (of course I am a little biased). Here are some of the photos that she took:






No comments:

Post a Comment