April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day 2009



What have been doing to be green?
  • I use reusable shopping bags whenever I go to the grocery store or Target. I do need to get better at bringing a reusable bag when I do other shopping, so that is my next goal.
  • We recycle.
  • I use natural cleaning products, pretty much vinegar is a cleaning staple in our household. I stop using dryer sheets and instead use vinegar in my rinse cycle and use the dryer balls in the dryer. I will definitely continue to do this for all of Baby Bear's clothes. It is better for us and better for the environment.
  • I receive paperless statements and all my banking and payments are done online.
  • I always reuse the back side of scratch paper. My work printer has scratch paper in it so I do my best not to waste paper when I do have to print things out.

I know it is not a whole lot considering that I do drive an SUV, but I don't drive much or very far to work. I was riding my bike to work a few days a week before I got pregnant, but at 33 weeks pregnant that is just not going to be very practical. I would like to get back to that again but we will have to see how Baby Bear will change things.


I know there is so much more that I can be doing and I will keep working on it. I do try to be cognizant and chose to be more earth and green friendly when I make choices on a daily business. But I do have to admit that I am not always good about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment