- Box Jumps - This event will be performed using a 20 inch box. The athletes will jump 50 repititions. Both feet must land on top of the box. This is a timed event.
- Bench Press - This event will be performed using 60 percent of the athlete's body weight. Weight will be rounded off to the closest 5 pounds. If the weight falls in the exact middle between 2 weights then the highest weight will be used. The athlete will bench press the weight by fully extending both arms and lowering the bar to the athlete's chest.
- Shuttle Run - The athlete will pick up 10 tennis balls and place them in a riser 20 feet away. Only one ball at a time will be picked up. This is a timed event.
and also an obstacle course, which includes:
- A 10 foot Wall
- Running Grid
- Incline/Decline Monkey Bars
- Balance Beam
- 15 foot Cargo Net
- Shuttle Run
- 2 Low Hurdles
- Steeple chase jump over water
- Under and Over Bar
I look nothing like those women on their website and don't do this kind of thing for a living, I just hope to survive and finish! It is a challenge and I love a challenge. Plus, I love having a goal and training for something. I'll post my training schedule later. Wish me luck!