September 9, 2009

Hello again!

Wow, it has been some time since I have posted on this blog. I had a baby and life has changed. I worried about losing myself and be so absorbed into motherhood that the other parts of me would be lost. I think that for the first few months while Baby Bear was a newborn it was. Baby Bear needed me so much that I had to be absorbed into motherhood, if I hadn't allowed myself that I would not have been the best mama bear I could possibly be. Is it selfish that I also want to be more than a mother and also be who I have always been? I don't think so and I hope that is not the case.

I love being a mother, it is absolutely amazing. Baby Bear is absolutely amazing and you see more about her on her blog. I have about a month left until I return to work and it is time to focus a fraction of my attention on me. A happy mama = a happy baby.

The one thing I have really wanted to get back into is working out. I have been taking Baby Bear for walks/jogs and going to mommy and Me yoga. But I am not able to workout like I was pre-pregnancy or even to the extent that I did during pregnancy. It is hard to find the time to get back to the gym with a baby who is so dependent on you. So I decided I needed to figure something out.

Today, I started the 30 Day Shred. I've heard so much about it and wanted to try it out before I got pregnant. I started with level 1 and that kicked my butt. I realize that it has been some time since I have done a real workout and I had a baby 3 months ago, but boy am I out of shape. I have a month before I go back to work and who knows what my time will be like once I add work back into the mix. So I figured I better get my butt in gear and make the commitment. I feel great! I love working out and feeling the burn. I missed that so much!!

I do still have baby weight to lose, but I am more concerned about toning back up and getting back to being fit. My goal is not to lose weight as much since I am still breastfeeding, but to get back to my pre-pregnancy fitness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment